PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 7, 2012

30 Day Fitness Challenge -Day 18



Active Challenge:  Set an alarm to go off every hour, take a few minutes to stand up, stretch, walk around, etc.  Ok, so I did not set an alarm to do this.  But I would say I did it considering yesterday was laundry day so I was not sitting down until after the kids were in bed.

Exercise Challenge:  Total Body Workout

  • Warm up with 5 minutes of light cardio, or warm-up versions of each exercise.
  • Beginners: Start with no weight for 1 set of 14 to 16 reps, or try a beginner workout.
  • Intermediate/Advanced: Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps with enough weight so that you can only complete the desired number of reps.


  • I decided to try the exercises with my 5 lb weight.  It gave me a good workout and I was able to complete the sets.  THere were a few of the exercises I couldn't do because they required a ball or other equipment that I don't have.

    Flexibility Challenge:  Total Body Stretch.  I am really  liking how stretching has made me feel  better.  This is definitely something that I will continue doing.

    Nutrition Challenge:  slowing down.  For one meal or snack take the time to chew really slowly or put the fork down between each bite.  Umm, has anyone ever known a mom who could do this with a meal?  I put my fork down a lot while I'm running around get more for kids or catching cups/plates from falling to the floor.

    Mind/Body Challenge:  Choose any 3 strength training exercises and do them very slowly focusing on the muscles as you work them.  I did this with my daily situps.  I was only able to do about 3/4 of the number I normally do because it definitely gave my muscles more of a work out!

    You can check out my previous days below.  Also make sure to hop on over and see how Kandi is doing at Gluten Free For Jen!

    Day 1             Day 16
    Day 2             Day 17



    Pin It Now!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment