PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SodaStream Review

inside the box is the sodastream, carbonator, 2 bottles for mixing, and the 12 pack of samples

I received the Genesis Soda Kit!  And wow was I in for a shock when I opened the box.  I did not expect this much product to come!  Everything is included.  I have the Genesis, the carbonator, the carbonating bottles, a 12 pack sample size, a package of the really neat My water flavor Essence Variety --which I am in love with, as well as the following full size bottles of sodamix flavors. 


1- Cola-Naturally Sweetened
2- Cola Free

3- Cranberry Raspberry
4- Sparkling Naturals Ginger Ale

5- Diet Lemon Lime
6-  Sparkling Naturals Orange Pineapple

7- Diet Pink Grapefruit
8- Root Beer
the carbonator


To start with a few basics.  The SodaStream was very easy to assemble.  Went together quickly and without difficulty.  The instructions are very clear on how to mix up the sodas as well.  My husband and I tried the Orange Pineapple first and let me tell you it is our favorite!  We like a more natural approach so the Sparkling Natural line is sure to become the fast favorite in our home.  We did, however, decide that three pumps for carbonation was a bit much for us.  We tried two and it is much better.  Not quite so fizzy.
All set up and ready to go!  Just take the bottle back off and fill to the line with water.

To make a soda you simply fill the 1 liter bottle to the fill line with water(filtered if possible) and put it into the machine.  Then you press the button to carbonate(it says 3 times we think 2 is plenty).  Release the pressure take it off, add your soda flavor. Put the cap on and gently shake.  Make sure to let it sit a bit before taking the cap off, remember its carbonated!!!  And then pour over ice and enjoy!

I personally will be looking into trying more of the Sparkling Naturals line and we also can't wait to try the Dr Pete as we like Dr Pepper.  They have several new flavors coming out this summer including lemonade and green teas.

To learn more about SodaStream you can visit them in these spots:
Facebook
Pinterest
Website
Twitter
Flavors in the sample pack that came with the machine.


My favorite part are these super cute little bottles of flavoring all natural, nothing added that you can use with regular water or simply add a few drops to a carbonated water drink.  So good and so cute.  The bottles are glass too!

Aren't those the cutest little glass bottles you've ever seen!
Pin It Now!

38 comments:

  1. That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted one of these since it came out. We drink alot of soda and sparkling wtaer at my house. This looks so coll and that it might be cheaper than buying soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted one of these for awhile, just not in the budget- looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept of this product. I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the variety of flavors of soda they have come out with, it would be nice to see even more in the future

    christinejessamine at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have so many flavors to choose from...wow! And this would help out the enviroment also! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so love to have one of these! They look awesome and since we all love different kinds of soda this would be much more economical and take up less space than all the bottles.

    andrea2russia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that they have a naturals line of flavors. I also like that this is much more eco friendly than buy cans of soda in an area where recycling is very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  9. this thing looks incredible.What better than to have your own soda that you make

    ReplyDelete
  10. we want one of these soo bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to try one of these. I especially wan to try the Cola flavor as I drink a lot of Coke and I'd like to see how it tastes compared to Coke

    s2s2 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to our local walmart last night and noticed that they are finally carring soda stream and have the refill co2 tanks for $30. a bit expensive but I guess with shipping costs that's what it would be if ordered online i suppose. I noticed also that they have added a few new flavors in the last two years too.. I can't wait to try them out. My faithful vegan boyfriend is scoffing at the "flavorings" and additives noted in them. But he doesn't have to drink them so he can just scoff away all he wants. lol.... I'm headin over to enter your givaway. Wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cool you got to review this and giveaway one! The flavor bottles are really cute. It is also so easy to make.

    aisha holley

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks easy but i still wonder how it taste nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love one of these. Those empty 2 liters add up. Cheryl cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of this. It looks cool :)
    frenchcanadienne(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have wanted one for so long...spend so much on sodas & the crv

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seltzer water and the sodastream would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this and making your own soda would be really neat.
    Rebecca Parsons

    ReplyDelete
  20. This would save us a lot of money! And you get a lot of product with this! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the huge variety of flavors they offer, and it really does sound so simple to use. Such a great alternative to store bought soda.
    Tracy Awalt Juliano
    ohsopetite1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, I'm tempted by the orange pineapple - for some reason, I assumed these only used normal soda flavors

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have one of these and LOVE IT! Would love to win one for my parents. I especially the the fruit flavored one. The cola, ginger ale etc do not have the same carbonation that the market ones do. But still a great have!
    seyma_bennett@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How awesome to get to review the soda stream. We need to do that too! Thanks for adding Shopbop event. Have a good night Karren

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been trying to WIN one of these SodaStream miracle machines for the longest time. I'm real environmentally savvy so this product would truly convey my lifestyle! I'm off to enter your giveaway! Thank you!
    kimbuckjr

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are sooooo kewl! I want one!! Love all the many flavors too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have wanted a SodaStream for the longest time. I can't wait to start making soda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love sodastream! ive only tried a few flavors but my gosh its amazing how many they have!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like that everything can be reused and recycled. Anything to keep things out of the landfill is OK by me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have SO been wanting one of these. So glad to know that you liked it. I love Dr. Pepper, too - so Dr. Pete sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i so have been wanting one of these, i have been wondering if the bottles are dishwasher safe and the parts that need washing if they are dishwasher safe?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think this is a great invention because it will keep in check with my soda intake. I have gain alot of weight from soda, but now I can justify that the drinks are healthier - emscout9 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I want one of these. I wonder if it's less expensive than buying soda. I wish I could try all the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think I'm gonna have to break down and buy one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is the best review i have read on this product so far....awesome job in telling your fans just how easy this machine is and what all comes with it and what you can purchase with it...i didnt know they had the little bottles of flavors never seen them before your review..and thanks on letting us know just how many squirts it takes to make it just right...but could be different for everyone but i am like you just a little fuz is just right...great review thanks....greeneyesamytolley@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The SodaStream look very fun and easy to use. I can't wait to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I want one of these so bad!! The RedBull is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete