PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Veggie Bake

So, I had some sweet potatoes that were about to go bad the other day and was thinking of how to use them up.  I decided I wanted to do a sweet potato bake that would taste like a bit of a fry.  So, I got inventive.  I found some onions and green peppers that needed used as well as the sweet potatoes and ingenuity struck. 

I cut up several large sweet potatoes, two green peppers, and an onion. I then placed it all in a 13 by 9 baking dish.  Over the top I cut up one stick of butter placing it randomly around.  I then baked for an hour.  Oh my goodness!  The flavors were yum and crisp with the butter.  Just like fried but better!

I had a few helpers as you'll see from the pictures!  Let me know if you try it and if you do anything differently than me!

Colin and Patrick helping to remove the eyes

Love the face!  They thought this was great fun!

Prior to cooking!  I didn't get a picture when it was done as we ate it all before I thought about it!

Shared on:  Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link Up #5
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea and good for you too. I .am lucky as well that my children are not really picky eaters and they get enough vegetables. I just love how your children look deep in thought as they help. I wish mine would take an interest when I am making dinner. Occasionally I get a bit of assistance but not as often as I would like. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my kids would eat this, but it looks delicious! I've tried making various things with sweet potatoes and my kids never go for it. They don't know what they're missing!
    wendy2lindsey at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and easy, minus the bell peppers since I am allergic to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super easy! This sounds very good! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! Its awesome bloggers like you that make our party wonderful! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) See you next Friday! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete