PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

On The Border Review

I love salsa. I was surprised at how many brands of salsa have hidden gluten in them. So, you can imagine my elation when I saw that On The Border chips and salsas were gluten free!  I am absolutely in love with their salsa con queso.  My confession for the day is that I love to eat it with the Nacho Doritoes, yum!

When I opened the HUGE box they sent with the review items I was shocked!  It was full of yummy goodies!  Take a look at the pictures below to see what I got(and what you can try to win too)!

Tortilla chips and cantina thins--note the thins are so light and airy!

they even sent some recipe cards!

look at all those salsas and dips!

One word- YUM!  This stuff is amazing!

mild salsa.  I dumped this in with some mac and cheese and the kids loved it!

hot salsa.  I like this but no one else in the house does.

medium salsa.  Same as the hot.  I get to keep it all to myself!
my favorite.  Just seeing it makes me want some!

love bean dip.  I warm mine.

Margarita mix. . . .use alcohol or ginger ale to make and enjoy!

simple easy instructions on the back.

I will say that I normally would show you some ways I used these, but I'm afraid I didn't do pictures and most of the salsas I love to eat regularly instead of use!  I did use the mild salsa in a casserole type dish by cooking up some macaroni noodles and putting the salsa on top of those with some cheese.  My kids were a bit skeptical at first considering that they could see the tomatoes, but I was informed they tasted like cheese!

Want to win a set identical to this from On The Border?  Stay tuned and enter my giveaway!

Find On The Border on their sites below:
website
facebook
twitter


Uttoh I am now craving Mexican after writing up this review.  Hmm what to make what to make.  What is your favorite go to Mexican meal?  Before going gluten free it was definitely hands down burritos for me.  Quick and easy.  I can't seem to find a good gluten free tortilla around where I live though so time to go find something I can make with corn tortillas.  Oh enchiladas with On The Border Monterey Jack would be so good!

I was provided with this product in order to facilitate the review; however, all opinions listed in this review are mine and mine alone. I was compensated in no other way than receiving the product for this review. Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love me some salsa!! I'll share the hot salsa with you, it's my favorite!

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  2. we eat a lot of salsa and dips here too...my husband would love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! YUM! I love me some chips and salsa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! Wow what a huge assortment of products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... so much fun these products are going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have an awesome Mexican restaurant in town with great chips and salsa. My husband will share the hot salsa with you. Those looks like some great products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that place and their chips. Very nice pictures of the items...makes me wish I had some of their salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE,LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!! EAT NACHO'S 6 DAYS A WEEK. HOPING TO WIN THIS ONE:)
    KATHLEEN QUINLAN

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be perfect for my family. We love mexican food and nachos and queso are our favorite snack food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be so awesome! I love OTB salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love their variety of products -- many of our favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love their chips, and the restaurant. I want to try the margarita mixes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know if the On The Border Tortilla Chips are gmo free? Love the chips, but I'm going gmo free and it's always hard to tell because you never know which of the oils listed they are actually using...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete