PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 23, 2012

Proverbs Day 12


Proverbs 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

James 1:19-20 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

I'm adding in Proverbs 12:17 so you can understand a bit more of what verse 18 is.  I had to look it up myself so thought I'd share.
17He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

Another verse on watching what we say as it can pierce others just as a sword.  Admit it, we've all said things we've regretted and wished we could take them back, but it doesn't work that way.  Once those words leave our mouth they are out there and all we can do is apologize for them.  We should think twice and speak once, or not speak at all.  I have been working on making sure I listen to what someone says, think about it, and then formulate an answer.  Lastly, I will say what I think.  If I think that what I want to say might offend someone I question why I want to say it before saying it.  We must make sure our motives are pure and that we are truly coming out of a spirit of love and truth before speaking.
Pin It Now!

1 comment: