PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monumental-My thoughts

Monumental Movie
Picture of Kirk Cameron from the Monumental Facebook Page
Wow.  Yeap one word says so much.  This movie is one that you need to watch a few times to help soak up all the information.

I will start by saying that I do know quite a bit about history as my family has always been big into history(we reenact the Civil War after all and my dad also has a major in history) so I did know some of the facts that Kirk Cameron shared in the movie.  There were however, things that I had not heard about or not heard much about.  The places that were shown in the film were wonderful.  It truly made me want to hop on a plane(I've never flown so that's saying a lot) and go see all these historical places.

I am once again convicted that we need to take over educating our children.  I am a homeschooling mommy.  I teach my children from the Bible and the history books.  We as parents need to be the ones teaching our children in the way we want them to grow up, we need to make sure they know the truth.

The movie talked of a statue that is in Massachusetts.  This statue is very large and lovely and depicts what our country is based on.  You should watch the movie if for no other reason than to hear them explain how the statue exemplifies what our country was based on and should once again be based on.

These are the jumbled thoughts I have for now.  Once I have had more time to process all the information, I may have more to share with you.

Please take a moment to check out the Monumental Movie Facebook page.  Feel free to ask questions on their page and make sure to watch the movie so you can form your own opinions.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've been really wanting to see this movie and you've made me want to see it all the more. I LOVE history! My family and I reenact the Civil War as well!

    ReplyDelete