PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 5, 2012

Proverbs Day 1

I have recently started a daily reading through Proverbs using A Daily Walk Through Proverbs-365 Days a Year.  I am planning to share this walk with you.  Each day will have a Proverbs and a non Proverbs verse that deals with the Proverbs.  If I have any special feelings or if they speak to me in a way that I wish to share I will.  Otherwise, I hope that you read both verses yourself and let God speak to you as He will.

Proverbs 13:20
       He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

James 3:13
     Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

This to me says that we need to be careful of the company we keep.  We will be as our friends and we will be thought of as our friends are thought of.  If we associate with people who are not of God, with people who use His name in vain and do not show ourselves as different and as one of the called, then we are the same as our friends and will be thought of as they are thought. 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I am a little late in getting to you, but thank you for linking up last week. I love proverbs and will be looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO true. When you're sad the worst thing to do is be around others who are as well. And when you feel positive being around others who feel the same will make the day much better! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete