PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Chicken and Rice is a favorite of ours around here.  I normally cook up a large batch of rice(4 cups dry rice in 8 cups of water).  Place the cooked rice(slightly undercooked) in the bottom of two 9x13 casserole dishes.  Place chicken on top(normally use 7-8 pieces per casserole dish).  You can then top with an alfredo sauce, Cream of Mushroom Soup, or our homemade cheese sauce. 
Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until chicken is cooked through.  Serve while hot.  My whole family loves this casserole.  The kids especially love it when I make it with chicken legs so that they can each have a leg.  It is rare that I have a child who does not ask for seconds on this meal.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Chicken is my favorite, I love both Cream of mushroom and alfredo sauce...now you have me wanting to try this for sure. It looks great! Thank you so much for sharing your family recipe
    sandy1955 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks delicious!! I'm a new follower via email from the Exposures 99% hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm glad i found your site, new recipes are always good. I'm a new follower from 99% hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhh i wanna make this!!! :)
    you should add the 'pin it' button to your sharing ability on your post that way I can 'pin it' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw!!! This sounds sooo good!!! I will be making this! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do stuff like this all the time! Love chicken with cream of mushroom soup and that rice is so good when it's cooked with the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was pretty good. Hubby liked it

    ReplyDelete
  8. About how long do you cook the casserole for? Half hour or one hour?

    ReplyDelete