PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes- Gluten Free

I wanted to try a good chocolate cupcake recipe for gluten free.  I found a cookbook full of cupcake recipes and knew this was for me! 

1 cup salted butter(can sub coconut oil)
1 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder-I used dark
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream(I used yoghurt)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2-1/2 cups Artisan Gluten Free Flour Blend
2 teaspoons guar gum
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat the butter, water, and cocoa in medium saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted, stirring constantly.  Put the sugar in a mixing bowl.  Pour the chocolate mixture over the top and stir until it has cooled, about five minutes.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add the sour cream and vanilla, mix well making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, whisk to ensure good mixing.  Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mix and stir slowly to incorporate.  Mix well.  Continue mixing until the mixture is smooth.

Place into cupcake liners(I used the Primp My Cupcake Greaseproof Liners) the recipe says makes 24 but I got around 30 cupcakes from this recipe.  Shake the pans to ensure even tops once you put the cupcake batter in the liners.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Remove from pan onto cooling rack.

Ice with your favorite icing.  I used a cream cheese icing(no recipe for now as I need to tweek it) with the extra large star tip and disposable pastry bag.  I then topped mine with some very pretty rainbow sanding sugar. 




Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your cupcakes with us at Allergy Free Wednesdays! Hope to see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who has to have gluten free. We were just talking about recipes earlier today... I'll have to send this to him! YUM!
    Thanks so much for sharing with Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, these look great. I love the finishing touch of the sanding sugar :) Thanks again for linking up your great recipe with Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, those look good! I would like to invite you to share your recipe in our recipe hop. It is open every Sunday at 7pm and runs through midnight Weds. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party last week! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I hope that you'll join us this week to share more yummies! Also, be sure to stop back by to see who the winner of the Planet Rice will be! The winner will be announced at GFF #9 Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete