PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cowgirl at Heart-Review

Cowgirl at Heart, The McCord Sisters Series #2   -     
        By: Christine Lynxwiler
Cowgirl at Heart by Christine Lynxwiler


First, this is actually the second book in a series.  I did not know this when I picked up the book at the library the other day or I would have looked to see if they had book #1 to read first. I hate reading things out of order.  I now know what book I'll look for next time we go to the library though!

Description(from CBD): 
Welcome to the Ozarks, the setting of award-winning author Christine Lynxwiler's latest breath-taking romance, where the lives of a timid dog whisperer and an out-for-revenge reporter collide. Elyse McCord, the biological daughter of a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, turns into a mighty warrior when a dog's well-being is at stake. Finding herself in the sights of a pistol-wielding maniac whose been mistreating his dog, she's suddenly swept to safety by Andrew Stone, a widower bent on hunting down his wife's killers. Is there any future for an outlaw's daughter and a Texas ranger's son?
My Opinion:  It took me maybe an hour to read this book, cover to cover.  This says something for the book I think.  I could not put it down.  I started reading it tonight while I was nursing my daughter to sleep and only paused when she fell asleep and I put her to bed.  This is a great suspense book with some mystery thrown in there as well.  The author throws a loop in there though and all I'll say is the ending is not what you'd expect!  I highly recommend this book and can't wait to go back and read the first one in the series!

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I'm from Texas but currently live in L.A. This book sounds right up my alley and I will be checking it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds good-and I've done that before read a book and found out after there was a 1st or 2nd book -I hate when that happens-I try to watch for that now.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you did this review a while ago, but it looks like a great book that I'd enjoy!! You have a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like wonderful book. I will have to check it.
    dagmara.hawkins@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a good book, I've been horse crazy all my life, so it's my kinda book

    ReplyDelete