PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Truly Grateful

A friend of mine posted this picture on facebook today and it made me think.  What if we were always truly grateful for what God has given us?  We're not always grateful.  I'm not always grateful. 

Today I am home with sick children.  I have 5 kids with upper respiratory infections, three of which can harldy talk they're that hoarse and one little baby who's cutting teeth. . . four teeth at once to be exact.  I'm a bit non-grateful today.  So I decided to think about all the things to be grateful for.  I have quite the list.

To name a few things I'm grateful for: 
      -the fact that I have 8 kids and that I'm able to care for them all and even though they're sick they
            still know that mommy is here and they still expect mommy to make them all better with
            hugs and kisses
      -the fact that we have a house and that our house is warm(VERY warm--oops I forgot and put
            two pieces of locust on the fire)
      -the fact that my husband has a full time job and that he is willing to go the extra mile to make
            sure we have money for the bills and food on  our table
      -I am very grateful for my animals and  the fact that soon I will have fresh goats milk to give my
            children to drink
      -but most importantly I am grateful that God is always there for me, even when I'm ungrateful
            and in a sourpuss mood

Once I got started on things I'm grateful for I had a really long list.  I only posted a few on here.  What things are you grateful for?  Are you grateful for waking up every morning?  Are you grateful for the food and shelter that most take for granted?  Are you grateful for the little things?  Sometimes we forget just how lucky we are and how truly wonderful our lives are.  We need to stop comparing ourselves to others and be grateful for what we have and what a "GREAT" God we have!!!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I completely agree that we (as people) are often very UNgrateful! This was a good reminder to thank God who truly showers me with blessings! He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I just lost my job, I am still very grateful for what I have; a loving husband and my loving animals. I am hopeful to get another job soon and will keep up the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, that made my day better & made me feel not so alone & worthless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great way to look at a crazy day! There is always things to be greatful for

    ReplyDelete