PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 23, 2012

My gluten free flour blend

So I really hate buying prepackaged stuff.  I really like to mix and match everything by hand.  Yeap I'm old fashioned and I love it!  I've always loved to bake and cook and since going gluten free that has opened up a whole new window of experiments to me.

Right now I have perfected a really good flour blend that I am still working on, but right now it is working really well for me.  So anytime I reference using a flour blend this is what I'm talking about.

For one batch I mix:
3 cups brown rice flour
1 cup amaranth flour
1 cup millet flour
1 cup teff flour

That's it!  Pretty simple and packed with yummy good for you whole grains.  I'm working on adding quinoa flour into this.  I also normally add flax meal into all recipes, but don't mix it into my flour blend.  I have other flours as well and I'm still playing around, but so far this blend has worked the best for me.  Let me know if you use it and how things come out. Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!! Thanks for this. I am moving our family towards a gluten free diet. this is really going to help in baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family has been Gluten-Free for 20 months now. We use Silvana's flour blend recipe, but yours looks like a good "whole grain" option. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I stumbled across your site. I am always looking for gluten free, lactose free recipes to pass on to my sister. Looking forward to mixing up this gluten free flour blend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some friends who are gluten free, and while I am not I do sometimes bake for them. I've experimented a little with gluten free flours as well. Have you tried adding some Tapioca flour to your mix? I also use Guarm gum or Xanathan gum to bind products together, such as cookies. I have bookmarked your blend together and will be giving it a try. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blend I use for cookies and cakes has tapioca flour and cornstarch in it. This one is primarily for my bread right now.

      Delete
  6. My son has Celiac's so this recipe looks really good to make up, will have to bake some fresh bread with it.

    ReplyDelete