PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kielbasa Casserole

An old time family favorite is kielbasa casserole.  Thankfully it was one that we didn't have to change much when we made our diet switch a few months ago.  It is very good and the kids all ask for seconds, plus it's easy to make!

Kielbasa Casserole

Ingredients:
    rice(separate from casserole)
    kielbasa
    frozen sweet peas
    frozen sweet corn
    cream of mushroom soup(recipe here)
    mushrooms
    shredded cheddar or cojack cheese
   
cooked rice(I use brown rice--how much depends on your family size--I use 3 cups of uncooked rice)
    Since I use brown rice I have to boil the water, add the rice and then let it cook for 45-60 minutes.  While it is cooking I work on the other part of the casserole.

First take the kielbasa and cut it up so that you have bite size circles of meat.  Brown these in a skillet for a few minutes.  To this add the cream of mushroom soup, peas, and corn. 



Cover and simmer until the frozen veggies and tender and warmed throughout, stirring occassionally. 



Top with cheese and mushrooms and simmer until the cheese is melted. 

By now the rice should be done.  Place a spoonful of rice on plate and flatten out.  Ladle a spoonful of the kielbasa casserole over the rice and enjoy!


Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. thanks for great recepie will make it tonight for dinner;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness this sounds awesome!! kielbasa has always been a staple meat in our home, but we really don't have a lot of variety with it. I can't wait to make this and see what everyone thinks.

    myfreebi3s at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will defenitly have to try this one,looks so very yummy.I already kno ill like it.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds pretty good--easy enough to make--thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try this - my whole family loves kielbasa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good, especially on a cold winter night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like an easy one for the end of a long day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe. We like kielbasa in this household.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds very good. Added to my list of recipes to make! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, this looks so good. One of our family favorites is a kielbasa recipe, so I know this one would be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do a lot with Kielbasa; this looks spectacular

    ReplyDelete