PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crockpot Baked Apples

I love baked apples but hate using my oven for that long for a large casserole dish(for a family my size we need at least a 13 by9).  So I decided to convert my normal oven baked apples recipe to a crockpot recipe!

First you need to core and slice your apples.  I used a  juice grade apple that I had gotten on sale through Azure Standard.  Great organic produce for a fraction of the price in store and it's delivered to a location close to you.  Make sure to check and see if they have a drop near you.  We order many things from them so you'll be seeing their name often.

Ok so now our apples are cored and sliced.  Place them in your crockpot.  Once you have filled your crockpot with them, you top with your spices.  I like to use cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cardamon(just a sprinkle).  I have no idea on the actual amounts of these spices or how many apples I used as I just guess and sprinkle on spices!  You also will want to add about 1/4-1/2 cup of apple cider to your crockpot to keep the apples from drying out.  I then drizzle honey over the top of the apples and spices and stir it all together.


Put the lid on and bake on low for around 4 hours.  Serve up with ice cream and enjoy! Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks super easy and super yummy! I can't wait to try it out. My family will love it because they like apple pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! My husband would absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy, I would love it over vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband loves baked apples so I can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy treat. Especially for the fall. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I think I'm going to have to try this recipe out.
    couponmaster = deb kovac

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling !! I just got one of the larger crockpots and can't wait to make this! I can just smell how wonderful this will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy and I can only imagine how it makes the house smell ..mmm going to be trying this recipe soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe sounds so good and it is also very simple. I will be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds good gonna have to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have recently become addicted to my crockpot and this looks YUMMY! Hubby love cinnamon apples.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to make this for V-day! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete