PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 6, 2012

Be Still and Know that I Am God

I took my kids to the zoo on Thursday and we had a great time.  Who knew it could be over 60 degrees in the beginning of January in MO!  Anyway we had a great time but one site we saw made me stop and go wow.  God is good.  I will post the picture here for you guys to see, but the sight just made me stop and I had to make myself move on to keep up with the kids.  I was hit by the fact that God was telling me to just be.  To just know that He is God and He is watching out for me and my family.  It was a poignant reminder that God is God.

Does anyone else ever have these moments?  Where you are struggling with something and questioning what God's will is or what you should do?  We are the parents of 8 children, only four of which are biological, two we've adopted and we have guardianship of two.  One of the oldest who has lived with us for over half of her life may have to leave us and live with her biological father who she really doesn't know.  She has several issues that need lots of love and attention, and I find my heart breaking over this.  I needed this "God moment".  This just goes to show He knows what we need and He will give it to us and let us know He is still there.

Be still and know that I am God

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. definitely situations that need our resting in knowing Who God IS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I call moments like that my God Smack moments. Those moments like you described where you are stopped dead in your tracks and just thumped upside the head with His grace and mercy. We are indeed blessed to have such a devoted and faithful Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the term "God Smack." It is so accurate and descriptive of those moments when you all of a sudden realize you are blessed and it is not luck or your own doing...

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite scriptures. You did a beautiful job expressing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. It is so easy to pass up those small moments and not see the message. Who knows how many we all miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is clear you have a lot of faith hand aren't afraid to show it. I strive for that in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. I love Bible quotes. What a difficult place to be in. I can't imagine 8 children. Wow that is quite a lot to deal with. I am a RN too. I haven't worked for a while and need to do something with it. It is nice to have moments like you described. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often joke that I wish God would just leave a Post-It note on my forehead so I would know what I was supposed to be doing each day, lol. From the outside, my life couldn't appear to be much more of a mess; but the things that have happened to get me here were not things I could have avoided, so I just have to trust that they fit into God's purpose, and eventually, I will see the way he wants me to go. Thank you for sharing, and I loved reading about your family. My daughter, who is getting married in June, plans on having a family very similar to your own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful that you can have such moments even with so many children and responsibilities needing your attention. "Be still and know that I am God" is one of my favourite scripture passages. Every time I read or hear it, I'm reminded that I need to slow down and spend time with God. Unfortunately I don't do it nearly often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel. I have a 13 yr. old Autistic son and every single day is a struggle. I take it day by day and bump by bump and I have to stop an take a moment and remember that God is there and that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord! Even this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you are one strong lady thank you so much for sharing!! love love love ur big family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be Still. Something that is, so often, hard to do. I love it when God stops us in our tracks with some sweet moment to remind us that he is God. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being still at times can be such a challenge. But we have the comfort that God is also with us as we go through challenging times :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such a reflective comment. It is important to feel those moments when we are connected to our Lord

    ReplyDelete