PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade French Fries

We love french fries in this house.  Sweet potato, red potato, yellow . . . you get the idea.  So I was very excited when someone gave me the french fry slicer plate for my Bosch Universal attachment slicer/shredder.  I love that thing!

You can peel the potatoes or do what I do.  Wash your potatoes, cut off any eyes or bad spots and then place them in the slicer.  If you don't have a slicer you can cut them up in strips or in slices for more of a steak fry.  I then place my fries in a large stainless steel bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on some of my Garlic and Herb Tones' Seasoning blend(MSG and salt free).  Toss those around to coat them all and place on a cookie sheet that has either been lined with aluminum foil(I'm not a fan of this) and/or sprayed with nonstick cooking oil(check to make sure it's gluten free).  Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes turning halfway through.

Serve and enjoy!  My kids love these with our homemade chicken nuggets and a variety of other meals.  My husband and I prefer the sweet potatoe fries but the kids like the red potatoes the best.

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I love french fries, actually really any type of potato. Maybe I was Irish in a past life. haha Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I could live on french fries...and there's nothing like fresh, well-made ones. I'll have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made these the other night and they were a big hit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much prefer homemade french fries over the frozen kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do prefer homemade baked fries, great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom used to make these! I didn't think to bake them. I figured since I didn't have a deep fryer, it wasn't an option but I bet the baked version are better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love french fries!

    ReplyDelete