PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My family portrait

I had to share this family portrait that my soon to be 7 year old drew today.  My in laws got the kids three easels for Christmas this year( one per two kids for the older six--babies got wooden toys) and I finally put one together today.  Yes, I did, all by myself. . . . with a Dewalt. . . insert evil laugh.  Oh wait now where was I.  Yes I put the easel together and Bridgett lost no time starting to create art.  She drew a family portrait of our family.  She even put initials above or below each character so we would know who was who.  To give you a clue about how old and such I'll put names by initials under the picture with their ages.  Bridgett does say she wants to be an artist.  She put shoes, hats and scarves on each person!


Clockwise from top left:
A-Audry age 6
M-Mariah age 5
P-Patrick age 5
C-Colin age 3
L-Lucas age 4
B-Bridgett age 6(the artist herself)
F-Fionna 14 months
M-Mommy(that's me!) umm I'm really short I guess
D-Daddy
Z-Zyera 18 months

I'm surprised she didn't put the dogs and cat on here!
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I think Bridgett did a fabulous job on the family portrait with such bright and cheerful colors. I note that everyone in the family is smiling. To me that means there is a lot of love in this household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love the fact that kidos love drawing their family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious how one could be 14 months and one 18 months???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I can remember when my children were small and they drew family portraits. I have a new grandson that lives with me now, can't wait til I get some pics from him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is great and you have yoru hand full

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big family! And a great picture...she is going to be the family artist someday!

    ReplyDelete