PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 14, 2012

God is Faithful

      
    

    I had a rough night last night.  My husband is gone for a conference.  He left Thursday and won't get back until late Monday night so it's mommy home alone with the 8 kids and animals.  Normally it's not bad but last night I had a little one who was sick.  My littlest one, actually was up sick until 2 am.  Anyone knows with kids that it's no fun to have a sick child but when that sick child is only 14 months old it's especially hard as they don't understand.  The good news is she's up and going having tons of fun this morning.  Mommy on the other hand is a big draggy, lol.  To top that off last night I got a bit of news that has upped my penchant for worrying.

    I got out my devotional this morning and was reading and was struck by a verse that they were talking about.  The lesson today was about how Faithful God is. 

Deuteronomy 4:31(KJV)
          "( ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of they fathers which he sware unto them." 

God is there.  God cares and He is watching us.  He is not going to give us more than we can handle with Him.  That's the key, making sure we go to Him with our worry and our problems and not try to carry them and handle them on our own.  I know that I sometimes don't run to God as fast as I should with my problems.  I try to handle them on my own and get consumed with worry and try to work out my own problems.  We just have to trust in Him and put everything we have in His care trusting that He knows what is best for us and will never leave or forsake us.

My devotional ended with this quote that I really liked and wanted to share.

God's designs regarding you, and His methods of bringing about these designs, are
infinitely wise.
Madame Guyon


Just an FYI, the top picture I found online and thought it was gorgeous and had to add.  The picture of the roses are actually of my rose bush this past summer.  I LOVE roses!
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for another beautiful quote and pictures to match. This is stated so nice. Rita Spratlen rjspratlen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the quote. i have two boys and I get rugged when one is sick. i couldn't imagine running a household with seven others to still look after. you are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and the photos go perfectly with the verse. With believing God is Faithful I never feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this encouraging post. I'm a new reader to your blog but I am loving what I am finding--and you are an inspiration to do all you do with 8 kids, and animals and on and on! God bless you and your family especially now at Christmas time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a beautiful reminder of God's faithfulness! I need to remind myself of this EVERY DAY!! I come from a long line of worriers and I don't want to become one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this post. I need to be reminded of God's faithfulness and love every day. Since my husband died I have been trying to pray every day and having lots of difficulty doing it since I start to cry however I know that God is hearing me thru my tears and that his support will help me in my journey.

    ReplyDelete