PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Crazy Hectic Wouldn't Trade it Day!

  This picture is a favorite of mine because it is a centerpiece I made from flowers and a dead butterfly that my kids found for me on a nature walk this past year.  Examining the butterfly and talking about the different parts and being able to look at it up close really helped the kids understand the beautiful creatures.
     Now for my crazy day!  It's Sunday which means church.  We've recently started attending a new church where several of our homeschool friends go.  They actually have a Sunday school program as there are so many kids!  At our last church my kids were the only kids so we never had a Sunday school.  I decided to take the kids to Sunday school today(remember my husband is gone until tomorrow night).  Sunday school actually went really well!  I think the kids did great for a first time!  Of course three of them went into one class and the other 5 were in the same class. . . I think we doubled the size of that class.  On to church!
    My kids love the worship service at church.  Before the music even starts Colin has his hymnal open and is "singing" the song.  He is only 3 but loves to sing.  I've caught him many times singing to his baby sister Fionna.  So Colin is singing, Fionna is laughing(she's 14 months) and the rest are behaving really well.  Worship goes really well except they forget to come to our row for offering.  Thanks to the young man who noticed and had them come back, my kids were about to go ballistic because they hadn't been able to give their quarters to Jesus.
    Sermon time.  I'm sitting there with the kids all around me listening to the sermon when a little voice speaks.  "I like the poocher," says Colin. . . . I'm wracking my brain to try and figure out what a poocher is.  So I ask him, "Mommy doesnt' know what you mean can you explain?"  Colin gives me a look and shakes his head.  "Mommy you know the poocher he sings for us."  Ok so I'm still clueless.  I ask him again to explain.  Exasperated now he points up front and says, "Right there Mommy he's talking, he's the poocher."  Ok, new word for mommy poocher=preacher.  By this point Fionna is sitting on the floor coloring on a Sunday school paper and Zyera(18 months) is asleep in my lap.  Church ends and we all  make it to the van unscathed.
     Home!  Kids change clothes and play outside while I fix lunch as it's in the 50's out(in Januaary!).  Then I happen to notice that Fionna managed to get a sticker off her older sister's paper stuck to her. . .it's a monkey. . . .how appropriate!
    After lunch more time playing outside and swinging.  In for a supper of peanut butter and honey on homemade gluten free bread, baked tuscan herb potato chips, dill pickles and yogurt topped with strawberries and blueberries(frozen from what I put up last year).  Whole milk plain yogurt(I'll post soon about where we get it) with fruit is my kids favorite dessert!  I'm so glad my kids love good for them foods.  Now a short movie and to bed they go!  Then Mommy has to get busy and do the dishes and laundry.  Should be fun.  I may just watch a movie and have some warm apple cider. 


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really full but fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories. It's nice that your first day in church (alone) with the kids went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never get those days back so enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow we went to church as kdi just to get out of the hosue form my mom and then if we did da would take us skating

    ReplyDelete