PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 25, 2012

30 Day Fitness Challenge -Day 5

Welcome to Day 5 of the Fitness Challenge!!  We're still going strong so let me tell you what Day 5 consisted of. 


Yesterday the first challenge was to do 10 minutes of extra walking. The second challenge was to do 30-45 minutes of medium cardio workout. My kids wanted to go for a walk yesterday morning(well one wasn't too happy with the walk because he didn't like the destination--back home)!  So off for a walk we went.  We ended up walking for an hour.  I was pushing the double stroller and two boys were holding onto it.  One was on each side.  I was trying to walk fast and they were pulling back trying to slow down the stroller.  I think that makes it count as a resistance exercise!  I did not really break too much of a sweat, and I wanted my heart rate to go up more, but that was about the best I could do with 8 active children.

Next came 5 minutes of stretching after the cardio workout.  So I made this into a game and the kids stretched with me.  We worked on who could reach the farthest and touching our toes.  I didn't do any stretches that required great balance.  Most of what we did stretchwise we did from a sitting position.

The nutrition challenge for the day was about choosing something healtheir when you go out to eat.  I definitely do not go out to eat on a regular basis.  I did not go out yesterday.  Partly because I'm a stay at home mom of 8 and if I went out they'd all come with me, which means a HUGE food bill.  And partly, because I'm gluten free and though some restaurants are starting to cater to people like me, it's still hard to find one that won't make me sick.  As far as the healthier part, I normally get a salad when I go out because they normally come prepackaged to the restaurants so I don't have to worry so much about contamination and getting sick.

The last challenge was the mind and body as it is everyday.  My answer to that is the same.  I don't do mediation in the sense they suggest, but I do do a meditation or devotional over the Bible daily.  I also spend time in prayer several times a day. 

Make sure to go over and visit Kandi and see how her day went.

Also check out my other days below:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
  Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I need to get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if you need all that exercise with 8 kids. They must keep you very busy. Good for you for getting out with all of them and setting a good example. They will always have these memories!

    ReplyDelete