PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

30 Day Fitness Challenge -Day 2

Well yesterday was day 2 of the fitness challenge!



This day consisted of several challenges. 

The first challenge was to walk up and down stairs or hills for 15 minutes.  So, I decided to use the stairs for our basement for this.  I let the kids play down stairs and I timed out 15 minutes.  I think I ended up with more because I also took dirty laundry down stairs too! 

The second challenge involved 30 minutes of cardio exercise.  This was easy as I have been taking the kids for a walk 3 times a week.  We went out and walked our gravel road for 1/2 of a mile and then 1/2 a mile back.  This is a gently hilly area so it was a good workout.  Add to that fact that I was pushing a double stroller carrying 2-20 pound babies and you've got a winner!

The third challenge was stretching.  I know that the one area I still struggle with is stretching.  I've done dance(ballroom) to help stay in shape.  My partner is normally a nursing baby or whichever baby I'm trying to put to sleep!  But I still am out of shape flexibility wise.  I did however accomplish my 5 minutes of stretching!  The kids stretched with me so I think we'll make this part of our morning ritual.

The fourth challenge was to eat veggies with every meal.  I didn't have a problem with this as I normally have a green smoothie for breakfast(has spinach, kale, kiwi, apple, and a few other things in it).  For a snack we had cucumbers.  My kids love cucumbers because they like that they're eating Larry from Veggie Tales!  Lunch consisted of peanut butter sandwiches(gluten free bread) that we used cookie cutters to cut into elephant shapes, apple slices, yoghurt, and baby carrots.  Afternoon snack wasn't quite as healthy, but we had veggie chips--my kids love them and think they're the best so it was a treat.  Supper was baked fish, lettuce salad, cantaloupe, and cottage cheese.  I'm a big proponent of all natural organic food.  We do not eat processed stuff(yuck) and I'm in the process of totally removing all sugar(bye bye HFCS, white sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar) except for demerara, honey, and stevia.

THe last challenge involved taking a minute to yourself as meditation.  I did not do the meditation.  I instead subbed in an extra minute on my daily Bible time.

Remember my sister in law Kandi, well you should check out what she did for day 2 over at Gluten Free For Jen! 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment