PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

That Time of Year

It's that time of year again.  And no I don't mean Thanksgiving or even Christmas!  It's the time of year for me that I am starting to plan a garden for next year.  Starting to figure out the wheres and whys and whats that we will need.  We have a large family and it is nice to get a large garden in. 


Stay tuned in the months ahead to learn what we're planting, where, when, and most importantly why!  For now you can check out my seed order from this past spring(very close to what I will get again this year) as well as my review of the Heirloom Gardener!  I buy all my seeds from Baker Creek Seeds which is located in MO(my home state) and love that they are all heirlooms, so not GMO.  You can view their seed catalog online or request one be sent by mail.  2013 seed catalogs will be mailed in December.  I am already waiting impatiently for mine!

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. We are planning a move next year so no gardening for us. :( I love planning it out though so I'll be excited when I can start again. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book! I really think I should plan my garden early this coming year. We waited til the last minute this year and we didn't accomplish much. This gets me excited about getting organized for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never planned ahead before but it sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like an interesting concept-christina faustini

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss gardening! I live in a condo in the middle of a big city at the moment and can't wait to have a yard again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never had a green thumb...

    Hoping to see photos of what you're growing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to hearing more. I have a raised garden area I plan to plant in, but haven't decided what will be there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to start planning for a large garden for spring of 2013, but my hubby wants to relocate us to another State; has a possible investor for his company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubby and I are also planning a garden for next year. We think we got too late of a start this past year, as our broccoli, corn, onions and carrots did not do well. Thank you for sharing where you purchase your seeds. I will look into their pricing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not get to do a garden this year because time just slipped on by, so you have the right idea in planning early

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to start gardening, I have 5 kids and groceries are not cheap. I guess it's never to late to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are big fans of the Gettles and what they are doing for seeds. Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Greens on www.craftygardenmama.com!

    ReplyDelete