PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 26, 2012

Laundry Day!

I normally do laundry two days out of the week in the summer and warm weather. I used to only do it on one, but we started to have too much laundry for that.  Please note that these photos are old, taken back when it was warm out still.  I do though still hang out my clothes.  In the winter I try to do 4-6 loads every other day so that I'm not spending so much time outside on one day in the cold hanging up clothes.  I do have a rack and some gates that I can place around our wood stove in the basement for the purposes of drying inside.

a bit of our fence
For the record you are only seeing a small portion of our fence.  We have a large fenced in yard and I will fill that fence two days a week(as well as my small clothesline) with laundry.  I love to hang out my clothes.  I love the smell of the air dried and the crispness.  It also helps to get stains out of the cloth diapers if they are sunned.

Don't get me wrong, I do have a dryer, two to be exact, but I just don't like spending the money to use them when I can save by expending my own energy a bit.  That is also why I still hang my clothes out in the winter as well.

I can hear some of you now, but do the clothes really get dry in the winter?  My answer is yes they do.  The air is so much drier you would be amazed at how quickly the clothes are dry.  True they're also stiff and very cold, but they're dry!  I wear gloves and my thick chore coat when I hang them out and normally do it very early in the mornings(before 6am) so that my husband is still home to watch the kids and I don't have to worry about them being out in the cold.

I'd love to hear more about your laundry days!

You can find the laundry detergent we use by clicking over to the Amway website.  I use their stain remover as well.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I am glade to hear some one else hangs the cloths outside,I do have a dryer to but I love to hang my laundry out,and then I rotate theme in the dryer for few minutes to make theme soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I could never imagine doing that many loads of laundry! I might do 4 loads per week, but that's including bedding. You must be a very busy lady :)

    ReplyDelete