PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'm Having a Love Affair(and not with my husband)!


I know what you're thinking, but please keep reading!  I really am  a good and loving wife!

I'm having an affair and not with my husband. . . . . .I'm having an affair with my Comfort U pillow!  I seriously love this thing!  It is so comfortable and helps me sleep pain free.



Comfort U has its headquarters in Denver, CO and has been selling these great pillows online since 2000, so for several years now.  Comfort U body pillows have been said to relieve pain associated with fibromyalgia, pregnancy, arthritis, chronic back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, and much more!

Here's a brief piece from their website that I found helpful when deciding if this would be the right product for me,

"The average person tosses between 80 and 100 times per night! Each time you toss and turn, your sleep is interrupted. It's no wonder you wake up tired and irritable, with muscle pain, headaches and morning stiffness. By surrounding yourself in a cocoon of comfort, the Comfort-U helps eliminate pressure to many areas of the body, reducing the need for you to move around during the night. Since the Comfort-U is so incredibly pliable, you can position it in a number of ways to help your body stay in better alignment. Plus, the Comfort-U pillow is totally hypoallergenic and machine washable."

I started using my new pillow before I found out I was pregnant.  Even then it helped with back pain and to get me a full night sleep(well as full as it could be with a little one still nursing at times during the night).  I love the fact that I didn't have to use my bulky regular pillow between my legs anymore and that I could snuggle where ever I wanted without moving the pillow.



My husband though doesn't love the pillow so much because it is large and it does take up quite a bit of the bed.  I use it more when he is gone and when he is here I use a different pillow and go back to using a regular pillow between my legs to keep my hips in alignment.

That being said there is a Civil War Reenactment coming up where he will be gone.  Oh how I'm going to love resuming my affair!!

Just an FYI tidbit for anyone who might still be breastfeeding a child.  I would not recommend you breastfeed while using this pillow if you have a small infant.  I did use it laying in bed cuddling with my little one who just turned 2 as she nursed and it works okay for that.  The way it has the child pulling into you might cause a smaller baby to not be able to breathe.

Care is super easy as well.  It is machine washable, but so far I have not had to wash it.  I have washed the cover a few times and can see where having an extra cover would come in handy.  I also like to take and put some essential oils or spray on it to help me sleep at night.  If you make sachets those can go inside the cover on the underside as well and make it an even pleasanter sleeping experience.



I must confess as I took these pictures that I did have to lay down and have a sweet snuggle with my pillow. Unfortunately, the kids discovered me missing and my bed was soon full of 8 kids, 2 dogs, me and my pillow.  A queen size bed just isn't that roomy!

Pssst stay tuned as this is part of my Holiday Gift Guide and will include a giveaway!!


I was provided with this pillow for free in exchange for this review.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are solely my own and have not been influenced in anyway.  I was not compensated in any other way except for the product pictured above for this post.

Pin It Now!

17 comments:

  1. That's a lot like my Snoogle I slept with when I was pregnant! My husband was practically pushed out of the bed! LOL!

    Emily
    http://faithmusicandbedtimestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of them with the rest of my pregnancies, but found it and knew I needed one!

      Delete
  2. that looks amazing! i need one bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It is so comfy. I love this thing. Great for pregnancy and non pregnancy too.

      Delete
  4. Where was this pillow a few months ago when I was pregnant with 4.0!!! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely look into this pillow if I God Blesses me with another little one :) Actually I may just get one before that.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This sounds amazingly comfortable! I bet it helps with neck pain too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow sounds great but I don't think I can afford $100 for the pillow right now. I would love to get one for myself and my mom who has a lot of pain from arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that looks right up my alley! So comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this would be really nice for people who have fibromyalgia. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my husband and i would fight over this, but being the guy that he is, I would win every time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want one! I have bad back trouble and this looks like it would be a tremendous help! Thank you for this wonderful giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat looking pillow! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic idea. I would love this pillow.

    ReplyDelete