PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1 John 4:10

“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

Love-what is love?  I decided to look this up in a dictionary.  I used Merriam Webster on line and came up with several definitions.  The one that made the most sense in this setting was definition
          #4: a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly 
                     concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others
Okay, so now we know that love is unselfish and benevolent.  I can hear people now asking what benevolent is(I've been teaching kids today so lots of questions).  So I again turned to Merriam Webster online for a definition.
          1a: marked by or disposed to doing good b: organized for the purpose

                of doing good
So, God loves us in such a way that he is loyal to us and concerned about us and wants to do good by us.  So, can we say that God only wants the best for us?  I think so.  Can we also say that God has our best interests at heart when He allows things to happen?  Maybe He allowed something to go wrong with our vehicle so we could miss being in an accident.

I love God.  I love that He came to earth as Jesus and died for my sins so that I would not have to spend eternity in hell.  It is hard to express the deep emotions that are stirred up by the thought of all that God has done for me and continues to do for me in my daily life.

Photo taken on a trip to the zoo this January. 
I love these colorful birds.
Look at how fast his wings were moving in flight.
God created those wings and knew just how to make them, how to shape each feather to help him achieve that flight.  How great a  God we serve!

 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment