PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Greater Good DVD Review



I recently was asked if I wanted to review a new movie called  The Greater Good.  I looked into the movie to see what it was about and knew that I needed to see it and let you know all about it.

First off, do you vaccinate your children?  What do you think about vaccines?  I challenge you to form an opinion and decide really where you stand before you watch this movie.  Are you for vaccines?  Have you vaccinated your children?  Why did you or did you not do so?

We have not vaccinated our children.  It's a personal choice.  My husband and I researched and spent a lot of time talking about vaccines when we were pregnant with our first.  We made the decision not to vaccinate.  I don't think this decision is for everyone, but for us it still feels like the right decision.  My children have never had a dreaded disease or been extremely sick.  Oh they've had some colds, a stomach bug or two and a case of strep throat, but I think we're doing good considering that we have 8 children ages 7 and under in our house and we stay healthy for the most part!

I do want to say that I don't judge people who do vaccinate.  This is a personal choice.  There is no right or wrong answer.  You and you alone have to choose what is best for your family and your children.

Here is something from the About the Video section that I wanted to share with you:


Why We Need This Film

THE GREATER GOOD — It’s time to Think Again.
This documentary tells the rarely heard stories of three families adversely impacted by vaccination. This important perspective on the issue of vaccine safety has been left out of the mainstream media debate for too long. These courageous families show us that it is time to Think Again:
Think Again about the many more studies that are necessary to be certain that children are protected
Think Again about protecting the rights of families to choose a vaccination plan that works for their family’s unique medical situation
Think Again about how to make sure vaccines are tested properly
THE GREATER GOOD is inspiring parents nationwide to learn more about the issue, and to foster an informed, balanced conversation with their doctors, schools and communities.

I hope that you will visit their website and check out the trailers for their movie as well as enter to win the copy I am giving away.  It is very important that everyone take an active role in their children's health.  This is whether you do all the vaccines, stagger them, wait and do them at a later time, or don't do them at all.  This is also about so much more than just vaccines but about everyone's health and whether we listen solely to what a doctor says or research and examine things on our own.
Make sure to enter the GIVEAWAY and check out all the other giveaways in the Holiday Gift Guide.
I do need to state that I am not a doctor.  Nothing I am saying here is from a doctor.  I am a nurse(an RN, BSN) so I am educated and have researched everything fully.  I received a copy of this dvd to view and write a review of it.  I was not compensated or coerced in what to say in this post.  All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway.
Pin It Now!

1 comment: