PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gluten Free No Bake Cookies!

First I must say these are delicious!  I had to put them up and out of reach of little hands or there would not have been any left over for my husband!

What you will need:
medium saucepan
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
1 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup natural peanut butter(or other equivalent)
3 cups coconut flakes/mix of coconut flakes and nuts/quick oats(make sure they're gluten free)
cookie sheet or 2
parchment paper or spray oil

Okay, here's what you do.

First, place the coconut oil/butter in the medium saucepan on medium heat with the honey and cocoa powder.  Stir until it comes to a boil.  Allow to boil for one minute then remove from heat.



Stir in the peanut butter until it is thoroughly mixed in.



Now add your oats/coconut flakes/ or whatever you're using.  I did use some quick oats(that are gluten free) because I've had them for a while and needed to use them.  Also my  husband doesn't like coconut so as these are supposed to be for his lunches it was best not to use the coconut flakes.



Place by spoonfuls on the cookie sheets and allow to cool.  Once cool place in an airtight container and refrigerate.  You might not have to refrigerate, but we do to help them stay together and be less sticky.

Warning:  These are so good you will want to eat them out of the pan instead of making the cookies.  The cookies are worth it though so go ahead and make a few at least! Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for GF treats! THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good friend who's GF and these would make a nice holiday treat, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even realize you could get GF quick oats! How awesome! I'm totally making these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to give these a try, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat. I've saved this page to my bookmarks so that I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make these (or cookies VERY similar) and they are amazingly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look so delicious. Did your husband like them? I find that the husband is the most staunch critic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No bakes are some of my kids favorite cookies! (and mine too I'll admit) Great to know that I can do them healthier which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete