PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?  They are my husbands favorite so of course I've tried out several recipes.  This is not our favorite, but it is a good cookie and very easy to make.  This is the one that my girls are learning to do on their own because of how simple it is.

You'll need:
1/3 cup oil(I use coconut)
1/2 cup sugar(they recommend brown, but I use demerara)
1 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp xantham gum(I use guar gum)
1 tsp vanilla(I make my own)
1 cup chocolate chips(Enjoy life chunks or mini's work really well in this recipe)

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease one or two cookie sheets

In a medium bowl mix together the oil and sugar.
Demerara and oil.

Add the brown rice flour and cornstarch and beat well, scraping the sides as you go.

Make sure to try to avoid large clumpings.

Add the remaining ingredients(without the chocolate chips) and mix well.

Simple and easy.

Next stir in the chocolate chips.(try not to eat too many of them, the cookies do need some)!

The dough looks good enough to eat!

Next drop by rounded tsp's onto the cookie sheets.
Moisten your fingers and flatten them some(or don't), they will not flatten on their own while baking.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
Let cool on wire racks before serving.

Yummy goodness!

Shared on Gluten Free Fridays

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. I notice that there are some different ingredients in these cookies from what I used when I made some in the past and I bet that's what gives them that delicious taste too. Looks like a great recipe and I'm really craving some cookies now. I don't think I need gluten free food but there's nothing wrong with being safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I have everything except xantham gum so I'll have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing recipes like this... I have a friend who has recently had to switch to a gluten free diet so she loves finding new recipes that let her eat the yummy stuff she thought she was going to have to "miss out" on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently heard a lot about gluten free foods, but not real certain why some people can not eat gluten. I'm guessing maybe an allergy? I would love to try this recipe since my family just loves chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these sweet? My recipe for chocolate chip cookies (not gluten free) calls for 1 cup of granulated and 1/2 cup of brown sugar.

    myfreebi3s at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try making gluten free dishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound yummy! My boys LOVE chocolate chip cookies! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)
    I hope to see you again this week!

    Stop by this week to see if you were the winner of the Sugar and Spice Prize pack! We had a super great variety of recipes and entries this week!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, these look amazing!! Lol now I'm craving some cookies. It seems like mine never turn out, they always end up flat, almost like pancake shape. They don't puff up like they should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look so good! My SIL is gluten free...I'll have to share the recipe with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. most of my family consumes a gluten free diet so I will have to try and make these cookies to pass out on Christmas. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have digestive issues and have wondered how trying gluten free foods would help. This recipe may be done at my house very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been into gluten-free foods, but nonetheless, these look delicious. It wouldn't hurt to try something new.

    iloveher6923 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete