PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mei Tai by Mother and Bebe Review

I like babywearing.  I love how close it keeps baby and mommy.  You'll find less in the way of fussy babies and crying with this method. I'm used to using wraps to carry my two babies at the same time, one on front and one on the back.  But now, my youngest is getting very independent and doesn't want to be carried anymore.  She says "Me do self" so it's just Zyera and me.  A size 7 wrap was way too much for just her so I jumped at the chance of getting to review a Mei Tai by Mother and Bebe.  

These can be custom made to whatever fabric you want!  I chose an adorable print that will work for either girl or boy(we don't know what we're having yet with this one) and that I find appealing so I'll enjoy wearing it.  


It came in this adorable gift wrapping!  Think what a cute Christmas gift this would make to that special mommy in your life!


Love the logo as well!


Look how small it wraps up to!  I love how portable this is. You can wrap it up and place it in the diaper bag without taking up too much room.  My wraps needed a bag of their own to go with us anywhere.


Time to unwrap and check it out!


Check out the cute little hood for them when they're sleeping or bad weather.  I typically wear Zyera on my back and she falls asleep from the gentle constant movement when I'm walking.  This is great to keep her head from lolling about.


Check out this cute print!  But wait we're hiding something here!


Tada a tiny pocket!  Great for keys or a toy or even a kleenex for those horrible runny noses that come with the season.


The hood again.  I'm in love!  Wraps don't have these!


See the structured part of the mei tai is the area that baby sits.  It still has the "wraps" in the straps that you tie around yourself.  Note also the snaps on the hood.  Those snap to the strap that goes over the shoulder to keep it in place while baby is sleeping.

The hood can be tucked down inside the body of the carrier when not in use(I have never done this though as I like having it out just in case we'll need it).  Also, the straps do have snaps on them and at the waist so if you don't double up the wrapping(or have a big prego belly to wrap around) you can snap those straps up and keep them from dragging when you're running around!  So ingenius and a great carrier!

Interested?  Want to learn more?  Want to purchase one for that special mommy in your life?  Make sure to check out the website, Mother and Bebe, and check out her other items.  She also makes full buckle carriers (have standard buckles instead of tying), half buckles(have a buckle and a tie), drool pads, bibs, burp clothes, carriers for your little one to pretend with her dolls, and so much more!! 

I love the freedom to use my hands and still carry a fussy baby.  Please note that though I do wear Zyera on my back, but younger children should be worn on the front.  Backwearing is for children who are older and can hold their heads up by themselves, normally at least 6 months old.

Make sure to enter my giveaway to win one of your own and check out the rest of the giveaways in my Holiday Gift Guide!!

I received this product for the purchase of reviewing and writing this review.  I was not compensated in any other way for this post.  All thoughts and opinions in this post are my own and not endorsed or meant as law.  Please do your own research on babywearing before wearing your child and always make sure you babywear in a safe manner!

Shared on:  The Tuesday Baby Link up



Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. Great review! I love babywearing too. When Kiera was about 7 months old, I wore her on my back while we moved stuff so i could help out carrying the light boxes out to the truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my hands free! Glad to hear someone else enjoys it!

      Delete
  2. I love love love this style of carrier. For me there is no other kind. This one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of her full buckle carriers for my toddler and it has been wonderful!! She did a wrap conversion for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first daughter was never big into baby wearing (much as I tried) mei tai was the only carrier she even sort of liked. Im hoping the next one will let me wear her more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat. I would love one for my daughter in law and newwest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is so cute too! My other one is just plain black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for my little one to gt here so we can try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these also because they are so versatile. So many different ways to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks great! I love how small it folds up. That is fantastic. The one I have now takes up a lot more room. Much less convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tiny pocket is brilliant. Good for any number of things

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love the idea of the snaps to keep the straps from dragging. Dangling straps + Clumsy mommy = no good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that this one has a hood too. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great thorough review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm pretty much sold on this company even if I don't win :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review! I love the hood and that it's super portable. We use a Boba mostly now, but I desperately want a Mei Tai for when we get pregnant with #2 so that I can tie it under the bump. Then I'll be looking for a WC Half Buckle... ahhh babywearing...

    ReplyDelete