PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 17, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I love chewy chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips but had shied away from making these gluten free because I simply did not want to have a different tasting cookie than what I was used to.  Well, I made them today and they are absolutely wonderful!  Don't take my word for it though, go ahead and try the recipe out and let me know what you think!  Now I have a great chewy gluten free chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips!

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour(I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour blend)
1/2 tsp guar gum
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup butter(2-1/2 sticks), softened
2 cups sugar(I used demerara)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups peanut butter chips(this is equivalent to a 10 ounce package in the store)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease several cookie sheets(I spray lightly with olive oil).

In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, guar gum, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy(demerara will never result in fluffy).
Add in the eggs and vanilla to the butter and beat well.
Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture, beating well.
Stir in the peanut butter chips.

All nice and mixed together.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.

ready for the oven

Bake for 8 minutes.
Cooks will be soft.  Do not overbake.
When using gluten free flours they will NOT flatten, so if you want them to be a flatter cookie simply moisten your fingers and press them down before baking.
Cool slightly and remove from sheet onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.

On the cooling rack, now to keep little fingers away.

Makes about 4-1/2 dozen(I got 50 from my batch).

The original recipe came from Hershey's.  The switch to gluten free refined sugar free came from me of course!  You can easily make them dairy free by using coconut oil instead of butter as well.  Enjoy these chewy gluten free chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips hopefully as much as I do!

Pin It Now!

5 comments: