PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 19, 2012

Proverbs Day 10

Photo from here.
Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

1 Corinthians 4:3-4 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

God is our judge.  We are not to judge each other.  We are to read God's word and apply it to our own lives, not apply it to others in judgement of what they are doing or how they are acting. 

To me, we should look unto our own hearts and see what is driving us when we are judging other people.  Are we criticizing them out of love or are we merely trying to be catty and make ourselves better than them?  I know so many people who think that because they are Christians that they can tell other people what they should do and how they should look at things, but that is not our place.  As a Christian we are to build each other up with our words, not tear each other down. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I try to remember to see others through God's eyes. This is how I want to been seen. Thanks for linking up to Fresh Brewed Sundays!

    ReplyDelete