PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lasagna Casserole

I was cleaning out my fridge the other day and noticed I had some cottage cheese that needed used up.  I also had some cooked hamburger in there so I decided to make lasagna.  It was then I realized I didn't have any lasagna noodles.  So I decided to use fettucine noodles instead!  Here is what you do to make a yummy lasagna like dish without lasagna noodles.



Ingredients:
1 package fettucine noodles(cook according to package directions-I used Tinkyada brown rice noodles)
1 jar spaghetti sauce(I can my own in the fall but you can use whatever you like)
1 pound hamburger browned(I brown my hamburger with 1 onion and 2 cloves garlic)
1 container cottage cheese

First, brown the hamburger.  Cook the noodles in a separate pot.  Mix the drained hamburger, cottage cheese, and spaghetti sauce together.  Drain noodles and add to the mixture.  Stir well.  Place in a 13 by 9 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  You could add cheese to the top of this, but we didn't.

It was really good and all the family loved it.  In fact, I had enough to make one 9 by 13 and one 8 by 8 dish so we had the smaller one for supper tonight!

Pin It Now!

21 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love lasagna casserole? I love the addition of cottage cheese. Gives it a thick and creamy texture...yum! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great use of leftovers and stuff around the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband & I were just saying last night, we wished there was a easy lasagna. I think we just found it! ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lasagna, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks AmaZing!! I will give this a try.Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy and you made the recipe really easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of lasagna casserole, but the recipe sounds delicious and easy to boot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lasagna is one of my family's favorite meals, but I don't always have the time, so this would be perfect! Thanks so much for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like something my husband would really like. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the new idea. I'm going to make this for dinner tomorrow evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this sounds pretty good, I make a pretty good lasagna, but it cost so much to make it, thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds good and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds wonderful, the taste of lasagna but much faster and easier! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been craving lasagna and came here, specifically for this recipe. Can't wait to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks good! I would have never thought about using fettucini noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love lasagna, but it is such an ordeal, this would be much simpler thank you Vicki

    ReplyDelete