PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Proverbs 16:32

He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. (Proverbs 16:32 KJV)

This tells me that we need to control ourselves to make the most impact on others.  And that probably makes no sense to you!   To me if I can keep my temper in check(yeap I have a pretty good temper being that I'm Irish) and take the time to think through things instead of just getting angry, it will make us a better person, better friend, better parent, better spouse, and most importantly a better example of Christ.

I struggle with my temper sometimes.  I tend to want to get angry and say what pops into my head instead of praying and thinking about things before speaking.  I'm working on this.  We need to have control over our tempers, our thoughts, and our spirits.  I don't know of anyway for us as simple human beings to do that as human nature tells us to do as we wish.  No, we cannot do this on our own.  We must ask God to help us to do these things or we will never conquer.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?  I know I'm behind in posting passages and Bible readings, but I have still been reading.  This was from a bit ago and I just did not get it posted due to getting busy with the kids and then being in the hospital with my son.  Pin It Now!

1 comment: