PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Bridge

Christ had no sin, but God made Him become sin, so that in Christ we could become right with God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

This verse screams to be read and contemplated.  Christ was sinless, He had never done wrong.  He had never sinner, at all, not even in thought.  And yet, He took on the sin of the ENTIRE world so that we would have the chance to become right with God and live with Him in heaven someday. 

I have sinned.  I still sin.  I try not to sin, but I do.  As humans we are not perfect and we will never be no matter how hard we try.  But with Christ living within us because we have accepted Him as our Savior and believe that He did die on the cross and rose again to save us from OUR sins(sins which He bore and died for), we become right with God.  There is no other way to become right with God.  We cannot do good works.  We cannot try to be good people, or offer up sacrifices, or do penance.  Without accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are doomed to hell.

I accepted Christ into my life at the age of 8 years old.  My older brothers had been talking to my parents about God and being saved and had asked our pastor over to talk with them.  I listened behind the door to my pastor talking to my brothers about what they needed to do to be saved and knew that this was something I wanted to do as well.  I was baptized along with my brothers and two good friends of ours.  It was  a wonderful experience that I will never forget. 

I am so glad everyday that Christ did die for me.  I am so grateful to Him for this and for making things right between myself and God.  Christ truly is the bridge between mankind and God in the kingdom of heaven, without Him there is no way over the gap.

-----I just came across a great link up that I want to share with you all, two actually.  One is the Better Mom which is a  group of moms who come together to share tips on faith, mothering, and homemaking.


The other is through My Freshly Brewed Life called Fresh Brewed Sundays.  I have linked this post up to both and have greatly enjoyed several of the postings on both of these link ups!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! Thanks for linking up with Fresh Brewed Sundays! It's so overwhelming for me to think of the God of the universe becoming a man, taking on my sin, so that I could live. I am so grateful He came!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does floor you when you try to understand what must have gone through His mind when He was dying there on the cross for us.

    ReplyDelete