PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Simply 7 Health Chips- Review

 

I recently was sent a case of the Simply 7 chips to review.  They say that they are gluten free so we thought we'd try them out.  Upon receiving them and reading the labels, while they are gluten free they are also processed in a facility with wheat.  Since I am being super sensitive to any gluten/wheat right now with this pregnancy, I did not actually try them.  I did however have my mom try them.  She really liked them.  The hummus chips were her favorites with the pomegranate being the least favorite.  Though she did admit that she was surprised that the pomegranate did not taste as bad as she thought they would.

The flavors we received were:
Pomegranate(3 flavors)- black pepper, white cheddar, and sea salt
Lentil(4 flavors)- jalapeno, creamy dill, bruschetta, and sea salt
Hummus(4 flavors)- roasted red pepper, sea salt, spicy chili pepper, and tomato basil

Simply 7 was created due to noticing a distressing trend among the chips on the shelves.  They were reading the labels and seeing that these were in no way good for us, but could actually be killing us!  So they set out to create a snack or chip that would actually be good for us and taste good as well.

They ask that you take a simple test yourself(similar to what they did) by going to your pantry and looking at your favorite snack.  Read the label.  Can you name the natural source of each ingredient?  Do you know what you are really eating?  Can you pronounce the ingredients on the label?

Around here we know exactly what we're eating and yes we can pronounce everything.  We rarely actually have chips in our house, they have become  a treat for us.  I would recommend Simply 7 chips to anyone who would like a healthier chip!  Make sure to check out their website and read the ingredients and what else is processed in the facility though before buying so you don't have an allergic reaction.  I do want to once again point out that though they do advertise as being gluten free and using gluten free ingredients that they are processed in the same facility with wheat.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Never tries these they sound like some interesting flavors! PLH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried these and I can say that I love the Hummus also. Good review. Sorry you couldn't try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New chip to me..I checked and there are a few stores that carry the chips by me. I will check them out! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something new to munch during afternoon breaks! I must look out for these in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound interesting I love pomegranate so I'd love to try that variety

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound good. I love mixing flavors like that.

    ReplyDelete