PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kombucha Review -The Pitch List


I had never tried Kombucha before receiving some in the mail to review.  I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I've never liked beer and since this is fermented like beer I was a little leery.

In my box(so sorry I didn't get a picture of it) I received three cans and two bottles of kombucha.  In the cans I had cherry cassis, green tea and lemon, and asian pear and ginger.  In the bottles I received the original(traditional) and the essence of juniper berry, spearmint, and lemon myrtle.

The two bottles I received.
Just as an FYI, I liked to put the kombucha in the fridge for at least 24 hours and then pour it over ice in my glass(yes we use old jars, lol) with a glass dharma straw.  It probably didn't affect the taste, but I liked it better fully chilled.  I like most things better fully chilled.

My standard set up.
The first flavor I tried was the green tea and lemon.  I LOVED it!!  It was so good.  I could easily drink that one any day   Next I tried the cherry cassis, and wasn't really very thrilled with it.  I've never been a big cherry person and it just didn't tempt my taste buds.  It wasn't bad, just not a flavor I enjoyed.  I enjoyed the asian pear and ginger as well.  It really tasted like pears with a hint of ginger.  Yum!  I really didn't care for the traditional flavor, I prefer the flavored ones.  The essence of juniper berry, spearmint, and lemon myrtle sounded like it would be something I wouldn't like, but I actually did sort of like it.  It was not my favorite, but not horrid either.

Kombucha culture used to make the kombucha consists of filtered water, organic cane juice, organic oolong tea leaves, yeast, and bacteria cultures.  This is where the drink gets the fermentation.  The Kombucha Wonder Drink is pasteurized which technically kills all the bacteria which is what is supposed to contain the health benefits in the drink.  They also put their kombucha through a process that takes the small amount of alcohol that it does have out of it making it safe to drink while pregnant and breast feeding.

Asian pear and ginger, yeap liked this one too.
Kombucha Wonder Drink was founded by Steve Lee who is also the cofounder of Tazo teas and Stash teas.  He discovered the joys of Kombucha while in Russia from an elderly woman.  Once back stateside he set out to create her drink.  She claimed it was what gave her her longevity.

Currently there are 8 flavors of Kombucha Wonder Drink.  The ones that I did not receive are essence of lemon, essence of peach, niagara grape, and essence of mango.  I think that the three essences sound wonderful but not sure if I'd like the grape or not.  I've never been a big grape fan just like I've never been a big cherry fan.

Don't forget to check out the giveaway and enter to win some Kombucha of your own to try!

I received the above mentioned product for free in exchange for the review.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are solely mine and not influenced in any way.  I was not compensated in any way for this post other than the product mentioned. Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Love Love Love the asian pear one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was my second favorite. I did really like it. I was surprised with how many of these flavors I really liked!

      Delete
  2. I really loved the Cherry Cassis one.

    ReplyDelete