PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kristy's Kreations Mama Pad Review

I recently discovered a great little shop that only has facebook to promote them.  I was allowed to review one of their postpartum pads.  These pads are gorgeous!  Super soft minky that just makes you want to snuggle with it.  I must confess that I had to snuggle my cheek into the soft pad material myself before I even prepped it.

minky cloth mama pad, reusable pad
The gorgeous minky fabric.


The pad has two snap settings for how snugly it will fit to your underwear.  These are very helpful if you are a smaller or larger woman so you can make it the most comfortable fit for you.

minky mama cloth, mama pad, snaps
Close up of the two snap settings.

The pad is 14 inches in length and made out of an upper of minky, two layers of zorb, and then backed in fleece.  These are very absorbent.

mama pad, mama cloth, minky mama cloth, fleece mama cloth
Fleece backing.

If you have never used mama cloth before, it is a lot like cloth diapers in that you have to prep them.  With my pad came a magnet telling me how to prep this pad.  It states to wash 2-3 times to get the zorb at it's most absorbent point.  I did the wash like I would a diaper.  I washed first in hot water, and then did two rinses in cold.  Allow to dry, and then repeat this process.

Once I was done prepping the diaper I wanted to see how much water it would hold.  I know water and blood are not quite the same and the absorbency may vary with the different liquids, but I was very pleased to find that I did not encounter leaks from the pad until I had put 4 cups of water onto it!  This is quite a lot!  I would say that I personally change my pads every 3-4 hours and it is unlikely that it would become that soiled during this time which is wonderful!  This means leaks are not very likely to happen.

This pad will make a wonderful addition to my mama cloth stash and specifically to my stash or post baby.  When I'm not postpartum it will make an excellent overnight pad as well.

Make sure you check out Kristy's Kreations on facebook.  If you have a special order or product you'd like to see don't hesitate to send her a message.  She will gladly work with you to custom make that perfect pad!

I love the colors on mine as well as the softness.  This is a far cry better than most of my cloth pads which are flannel and PUL backed as it breathes so much better!

Oh and don't forget if you want to win one of your own to hop on over to my #MamaMadness Giveaway Hop and enter to win in the grand prize.  There are several other blogs in the hop who will be having their own prizes as well so make sure to hop around!

Disclaimer:  I was provided with this product for free in exchange for a review.  I was not coerced or forced to write a positive review.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are mine alone and not influenced in anyway.  I am disclosing this to be in accordance with FTC regulations.  I was not compensated in any other way for this review except for the product described. 




Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Nice review, I hadn't heard of this brand before. I am just starting out with cloth pads, the more information the better!

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a cloth pad but have cloth diapered. I would probably switch to cloth pads if I tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm very interesting, never really considered before but maybe willing to try. Ty for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try cloth pads. They seem a lot more comfortable. This is a nice alternative if you want to avoid pul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know these even existed. Would have to use to see if it would be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know these even existed. Would have to use to see if it would be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love cloth!!! Can't see myself switching back to icky plastic!

    ReplyDelete