PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cake Lingerie Maternity/Nursing Bra Review

I had been searching frantically for a new bra that would fit with this pregnancy.  I didn't have a lot of money to spend but wanted to make sure it was good quality.  I am so glad I stumbled upon Cake Lingerie!  They have a wonderful line of nursing/maternity bras and panty sets so that there is something for everyone!  I have been blessed to review their Mint Toffee Convertible Bra.  I also received the matching panties but unfortunately they did not fit me.

I love that this bra is dual purpose.  It's soft and comfortable enough(plus so darn cute) that you can wear it through your pregnancy and also then use it as a nursing bra!  Sizes B, C, and D come wire free.  I received the 36C size as my normal 34B bras were getting too snug for me this pregnancy.  I think I would prefer it to have an underwire as it would roll on itself at the bottom a bit probably because of all the bending over I do with everyday life as mommy of 8 kiddos!  It was very comfortable though.

The box and ribbon.  So cute and a great creative way to package and keep it all safe.


And yet again more cute packaging with tissue paper.  They really know how to make a girl feel special!

My first glimpse of my new bra.  Loving the colors.  The mint toffee hides well under clothes.


And the gorgeous floral lining makes me feel so beautiful while wearing it, but shh that's our secret.
I love this bra!  Really I do.  I got so tired of the flimsy see through nursing bras.  I refused to wear those while pregnant because if you don't put the nursing pads in them you're not wearing anything it feels like!  I'm not one for going braless in public at all and that is how I feel when I wear a thin bra.  I like having support as well.  I get all of that from this bra plus feel cute!

I love that the bra straps are convertible and you can wear it in different ways.  There have been so many times that I couldn't wear a cute top because my bra straps would show.  Now even if you are breastfeeding you can still wear cute clothes and fix the straps so they don't show.

If you check out the Cake Lingerie website you will see that they classify this as a "t shirt bra" that converts to be "the closest you'll get to a good supportive strapless nursing bra".  I'm not a strapless bra kind of person because I think I lose out on some of the support I need.  I have not tried this bra strapless yet, but I have used some of the convertible strap options to wear it under some of my pretty maternity clothes!

Cake Lingerie was created by Tracey in 2008 out of her own need for comfortable but stylish maternity and nursing lingerie.  I can certainly agree with her that in that time frame there was nothing pretty about nursing bras and definitely nothing fashionable!  I got pregnant with my first little one in 2004 and have to say that my mom had saved her nursing bras from my little brother(born in 1990) and there was NO difference in the ones she had and the ones that I was buying brand new.  I definitely think that she has achieved her goal of stylish, fashionable, but yet comfortable maternity and nursing lingerie for moms.

Make sure to check out the rest of the wonderful items on the Cake Lingerie website and find one that would work perfectly for you.  There is something for everyone!

Disclaimer: I was provided with this product for free in exchange for a review. I was not coerced or forced to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are mine alone and not influenced in anyway. I am disclosing this to be in accordance with FTC regulations. I was not compensated in any other way for this review except for the product described. Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I love this bra and I am so glad they started to make pretty sexy bras for pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute bra! It is hard to find one that is comfy and flattering during that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty! Which is not normally something i would say about a nursing/maternity bra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost every nursing bra I have seen has been rather no discript and utilitarian looking. This one is very pretty. I think it's nice to have a pretty bra for nursing moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - are you sure it is a nursing bra??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is eye opening! I should really check it out. Who says nursing bras should be boring?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks really nice and I would have never though a nursing bra could look so nice LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty! It's about time they start making pretty under garments for pregnant woman! I know when I was pregnant it was a PAIN to find something I liked! LOL

    Pregnant women and nursing moms deserve to look and feel sexy as well as pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize nursing bras could be so pretty. Geez has I known about Cake when I was breastfeeding my hubby would have remained a happy man. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet my wife would have loved this company when she was searching for nursing bras, she always commented on how there were no cute/comfy ones on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sent this to my nephew, he has a newborn.

    ReplyDelete