PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homemade Turkey Stock Broth


The first thing I do after having eaten a turkey(or chicken) is to boil down the bones to make a nutritive broth to use in soups.  It's super easy and I'm shocked most people don't do this anymore.  They just throw out those bones in the trash.

Here's what you do.

Take all the meat off the bones that you can to use.

Throw all the bones in a stock pot and cover with water.

Boil those babies!

Boil

Boil

Boil

Seriously.

Boil it as much as you can.

I tend to boil the first stockpot full for 12 hours.

I then drain off the broth using another stockpot and a colander.

Next I cover them up with water again and boil for 24 hours.

You're done!

You can freeze up the broth in cubes or in gallons.  I tend to freeze or can mine in glass jars.

Tada!

You have now made your first after Thanksgiving dish with those Thanksgiving leftovers.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment