PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Super Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe




So to jumpstart our pumpkin month I want to share a super simple recipe that I decided to try out ie. an experiment.  I had a simple yellow gluten free cake mix that I needed to use up and I had some pumpkin that I wanted to use. . . so I had pumpkin cake that was so easy my 8 year old could have made it on her own!  Oh and did I mention it was also super delicious!

Ingredients:
1 box cake mix(I used standard yellow gluten free)
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 eggs(farm fresh)
2 tsp homemade vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree(homemade is best but canned works)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
pinch of cardamon(this is powerful stuff so just a little bit goes a long way)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease an 8 by 8 square baking dish.

Pour cake mix in bowl.  Add all the spices and whisk to mix.



Set aside.

In separate bowl mix up all the wet ingredients.  Whisk together really well.



Now pour the wet into the dry.



Pour cake mixture into greased pan and sprinkle with a topping.



My favorite topping is using this simple recipe:

1 cup gluten free quick oats
1/4 cup finely ground demerara sugar
1/4 cup coconut manna
3 Tb cinnamon(I like cinnamon you can adjust this to fit your spice needs)

Mix them all together to form a crumble and "crumble" over the top of anything that you need to garnish.

Okay now simply bake the cake!  Mine needed to bake for just over 50 minutes.  It was very moist and loved by all!








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment