PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

#AtoZChallenge- D



Today's letter in the letter a day A-to-Z Challenge is D.  I've been having a bit of a rough day already so I'm needing something encouraging.  What encouragement can we get from the letter D?

I admit I had to think about this for a bit, which is probably why this post is a bit late.  Words that immediately popped into my head were devil, diety, divine. . .

And then I stumbled across this word "diakonos".  This is the Greek word meaning servant or minister.  This is what D is for.  We are to be a servant to each other and minister eachother in our growing faith.  I looked up the word in an online concordance(Strong's Concordance) and this is what I found:
 
diakonos: a servant, minister
Original Word: διάκονος, οῦ, ὁ, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: diakonos
Phonetic Spelling: (dee-ak'-on-os)
Short Definition: a waiter, servant, administrator
Definition: a waiter, servant; then of any one who performs any service, an administrator.

I think this describes who we are supposed to be as a fellow Christian very well.  We are to be a servant to others to show the love of Christ through us. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. In other words: Love thy neighbor. If you love another person, you understand their weekness and their need.

    ReplyDelete